Monday, June 6, 2011

School's Out

I think every teacher in the U.S. hums that age old rock song in the last days of the school year. My mind has been filled with a never ending chorus of "No more pencils, no more books. No more teacher's dirty looks. School's out for summer!" (You're welcome, by the way. That song will be stuck in your head the rest of the day.)

I'm thrilled about the months ahead and the chance to enjoy some much needed family time. But, I will miss the sweet babies that have filled my heart for the last 9 months. Sadly, most of them will attend kindergarten at another campus so I may not see them again. However, I'm thrilled to announce that I will return to Pre-K next year and this year I will be in my very own classroom. :- ) I will spend the summer working hard to collect the many many things my new class will need to learn as they play.

The end of school is also filled a tiny bit of joy as I make plans for the next school year. Things will be different next year. I will write all of my lesson plans in my book (instead of on the scraps of paper they were scribbled on this year). I will plan my themes completely. I will never raise my voice at my new class. The promise of the future is what draws me back year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment